Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Update

All week, I've been thinking that I need to post an entry, but have been having problems deciding what to write. I decided on just a little review of my week.

As I've probably already mentioned, I'm now back to work. Some days I'm not too enthusiastic, but I've got to earn a living. My last check was pretty sad,because I only worked one partial day, and the company paid me for 2 days bereavement. It was certainly better than nothing.

I recieved a note from Turn Services, the organisation who provided for Michele's living and working program. They had recieved, so far, a total donation amount of $500.00, I have another $100 for them that I'll have to take in, as it is cash that people have given me for donation. It is very gratifying.

My Daughter-in Law, Lisa has reworked some pictures she took of Michele a few years ago and has posted them on her family blog. They are very beautiful. I've had a hard time staying away from the pictures.

I went on a couple of web sites devoted to helping people through grief. One of them listed 4 steps to go through. The first step is acceptance. Sometimes, I think I'm through that part, but sometimes, I'm not sure. I guess I've accepted Michele's death, not much point in denying it, I guess. I guess I'm in the 2nd step, but right now, I can't remember what that step is. I do remember that the 4th step is moving on, but that is nowhere near me yet.

We bought a manuel lawn mower. It is actually pretty easy to use. This week, I haven't got the lawns cut yet, but it's been raining all day. According to the newspaper, the only days it's supposed to be dry, are the days I'm working. I don't know how excited I'll be to come home and mow lawns. We did get some planting done. We've been converting one slope of the front yard into ground cover and that's pretty much done, as well as some potted flowers for the porch. I did start to dig out a garden spot, but just barely. Sometimes lately, I have problems with follow through.

No comments: