Monday, June 09, 2008

I Think I'll Live After All

It was a terrible weekend. I left work on Friday after only working 4 hours. I thought a good night's sleep would get me back to work the next day. Unfortunately, there was no good nights sleep. I ended up missing the next 2 days of work. I coughed almost constantly. I got an expectorant to loosen the cough and took large amounts of Vitamin C and copious amounts of fluids. I got as much rest as I could. Finally, I got up today and realised I just might survive. The cough is down to only periodic, my nose is still running, but not stuffed. My ribs and stomach muscles feel like I'd been pushing a car uphill, but I really think I'm on the mend.

It's strange, the ideas that go through your head when you feel really lousey. Sometimes, you're sure you have double pneumonia and are on your last days, then you start thinking that maybe you have something really horrid with no cure. Of course, you make fun of yourself for being an alarmist. Then there's the dreams when you finally get to sleep. I'll wake up from a really strange dream, relieved to see it is just a dream, then go back to sleep to dream a slightly altered version of the same dream. I'll do that for half the night! Not too fun.

Well, I'm on the mend now. No more excuses for being lazy.

No comments: