Saturday, June 07, 2008

Not Too Fun

Here it is, the first week in June and I have a cold! Of course, it doesn't feel like June, it feels more like April. We've been getting the rain we should have gotten in April,in fact there was some flooding in Tooele this week, due to the rain.

I went to work Friday, and just felt so lousy that I only worked 4 hours. I have a beastly cough and I felt like a walking germ factory, so I went home. I stopped and got some cough syrup with an ingredient to help thin mucus, so I would hopefully get rid of some of it. I thought a good night's sleep would get me back to work today. Unfortunately, that good night's sleep was nowhere to be found. I called in sick and have been trying to get some rest. I've got the house to myself, except for the dog,but haven't really gotten any sleep. I'm just forcing fluids and hoping for the best.

Today is the Tooele Daughter's of the Pioneers Jubilie. My Aunt went out this morning in her pioneer dress, apron and bonnet to spend the day at the museum in town. Of course, it was raining this morning. It's partly cloudy now and trying to get above 65 degrees. Hopefully, they have a good turn out.

I guess that's it for today, I'll just retire and work on my foghorn imitations.

No comments: