Monday, June 16, 2008

Here I Am Again

I got back to work finally. I was working at the front of the store, demoing some of our fresh products like watermelon and cantaloupe and strawberries. We also did barbequed chicken and several of our bakery cakes. Fortunately, there were 3 of us. It's fun doing a team demo. If it gets slow, you have someone to talk to, and if it's busy, we help each other. We did it all three days,to help celebrate Father's Day. By Sunday afternoon, we were pretty tired. I was feeling quite a bit better, but my cough is lingering.

We had an unfortunate accident on Saturday. My supervisor had a fall on that cement floor. She ended up breaking her arm in 2 places and dislocating her shoulder as well. We're all very upset to see her in such pain! We are all wishing her well and keeping her in our prayers.

Summer seems to have arrived on the Wasatch Front. We've gone from the 60s to the upper 80s and lower 90s. It's been a bit of a shock to the system. I only got the front lawn cut last week when I was sick. Today I've been plugging away at the back lawn. I've got about half of it done, the easiest half. Since I've also been doing laundry, I decided to let the rest of the lawn go til tomorrow.

I get so much pleasure from my family's blog, my daughter-in-law always manages to get a post every week. Now my Aunt has started one! She wanted to write about Michele. I wonder what Michele would think about all the words and pictures that have been written about her since she passed on. I also wonder, why do I use the term, "passed on"? Maybe the term, "died", seems to permanent, too stark. I find that Michele is in my thoughts daily. There are so many things that remind me. Demoing the watermelon and seeing the little children enjoy it so much, reminds me of how much Michele loved watermelon. She enjoyed fresh strawberries as well. She would have loved them as we served them, with whipped cream! I find that I can talk about Michele's likes and dislikes with several of my friends who are good listeners. I need to remember to thank them.

The days pass, life goes on, even when I wanted my world to stop for awhile. Maybe that's why I got sick, I could take some time off. Even though life goes on, it's a different world for me. I guess that's to be expected. I'm still waiting to see what the shape of my world finally ends up. I think that our world's are constantly changing all the time, in little ways. We just don't notice until that big, big, change makes us notice.

No comments: