Thursday, June 19, 2008

Time Passes

Today it has been 6 weeks since Michele's death. I don't really know if it seems that long or longer or shorter. It depends on my mood at the moment. Sometimes, when I look a her pictures, it seems that she's just at home, in Salt Lake, not too far away. Sometimes,she seems really gone, but at other times, it's as if she's just in the next room. I believe that she's very close, on a soul level. I don't believe that time and space exist so much on the soul level, so she could be right here, looking over my shoulder, giving me loving support, while still going about whatever business she has now in that new/old spirit home she's inhabiting.

My granddaughter, Caitlin, is offin the forrests of the Northwest for 5 weeks. She's part of the Northwest Youth Corps. She's out building trails and taking care of the land. She's 16 years old and has a wonderful social concience. I'm very proud of her. I'm proud of the 2 grandson's as well. The older boy, Sam is in college working on an English major. He wants to write books and he does very well with his writing. He's working part time to pay for his schooling. He is very responsable. The younger boy, Ethan is learning to play the trumpet. He practises with no proding and is even playing jazz already. All three of my Grandchildren are very special, but they have special parents.

All in all, even through the pain of losing my daughter, Michele, I've still been able to find so much to be grateful for, my family and friends. I'm grateful for the time I had with Michele, and for all that she taught me. I may have been a slow learner at times, but, in the end, we were special to each other.

1 comment:

Lisa Sofia said...

I appreciate your words on gratitude! It takes difficult times like these to get us to remember how blessed we really are.

Love you!
Lisa