Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The Seasons

Isn't it strange how we want to rush the changing of the seasons,at least I tend to, but then once the season is here, we get tired of it soon. I suspect that happens in areas that have well defined seasons, like Utah. We pretty much have 4 distinct seasons, though transitional months like March can really be very unpredictable. I guess I find March the hardest month to deal with, especially after a snowy,cold winter like this last one. We actually had a couple of nice days the end of February, then March came in like a lion with storms. There were a day or two that were nice last week, but it is cloudy and a little gloomy today. At least the predicted storm yesterday didn't amount to much,mostly a cold west wind, but lots of sun. I'm finding that sunshine most of the day can make me pretty forgiving of cold temperatures. Later in the month that probably won't be so true. By mid-March,I'll be expecting some warmer days. I do,however,remember some truly big snow storms in past Marches. Their saving grace is that they melt faster.

Last summer was the hottest summer on record,so by mid-September, I was getting anxious for cooler temperatures. I've noticed that my weather anxiety is more prominent at the beginning of Spring and the ending of Summer. I guess I'm more likely to get tired of the more extreme seasons of Winter and Summer. I'm pretty tolerant of Fall, in fact it's my favorite season.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that some of us are heavily influenced by our surroundings, especially the weather.

No comments: