Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Complications

I'm a confirmed computer user, and I'd never want to be completely without one. Sometimes though. they can be a pain. My Aunt has been frustrated for days over an editing assignment for an organisation she belongs to. First, the attachment which was supposed to be in her email, didn't come through. After she had it resent, she got the attachment into her files, but couldn't open them. It seems that, when she got her new computer a bit over a year ago, she didn't get around to activating the Microsoft Word , so the computer wouldn't open the files or print them without her activating the program. Shouldn't be a problem, right? In order to activate, she needed a long registration number which niether of us could find. The file was done in Word Perfect, so we thought maybe it would let me open it on my laptop, as I have Word Perfect.
She had burned the files to a CD, so I put it in my laptop. Lo and behold, there it was, but since my printer was in a box in the basement, I had to go down and get it, set it up, and print out the file. It was nice to have my printer running again. Unfortunately, there's no room for it, so it's back in it's box in the basement. Oh well, such is life I guess.

I am so enjoying reading my Grandson's fantasy novel on his blog. Has it given me the nudge to get my own writing going? Not yet, but there's always hope in nearly impossible dreams.

No comments: