Thursday, March 13, 2008

New Projects

I bought a quilt for my twin-sized bed and was quite disappointed in the size. It seems most bedding for twin beds are too long and not wide enough. Since I wanted a quilt that would act like a bedspread, I decided to make my own. I found some "fat quarters" in colors that I liked and bought them. I decided to keep it simple, so I'm using 4 inch squares, no complicated pattern. After I measured the bed and decided what size I really wanted, I figured out how many squares I would need. I'll need 675 squares and I have enough fabric to cut 240 squares. Opps! It seems that I have a slight problem. That's okay, I'm going through all the fabric I have on hand and there are some in the right colors. I'll have fun finding other fabric to buy to fill-in the rest of the quilt. I expect this to be a fairly long term project, as I'm not real experienced with quilting, and I'm taking it slowly.

My Aunt got a ladies clothing catalogue from a company called Saginaw. They have some of the cutest purses, mostly made of fabric. Looking at them though, I bet I could make some myself. There goes another future project. Not that I need more really. Soon, it will be warm enough to start working in the yard. We have some old twin tubs that were used with an old wringer type washer. We plan on having the old washer toted off, but I got this idea to bring the tubs up from the basement and use them to grow tomatoes and kitchen herbs. Unfortunately, sometimes I have more ideas than energy. I think I just need to prioritize my time, right?

No comments: