Wednesday, March 12, 2008

This and That

It's a typical March day, meaning that it can't make up it's mind what kind of a day to be. First it's cloudy and a little gloomy, now it's sunny, though still with high, light clouds. I guess we're going to get some stormy weather from the northwest this weekend. That seems to be the pattern for the last several months, storms on the weekend. Of course that's when I have to make the long trek to work, so I'm not too appreciative.

Yesterday was my Daughter, Michele's bi-weekly visit. She seems to have another cold. She had a pretty bad one over Christmas, I'd hoped she wouldn't get sick again.

I mentioned before that my Grandson is writing a fantasy novel on his blog. I just read chapter three. He's doing very well. He seems influenced by Tolkien, but most fantasy writer's are, and who better to be infuenced by. Sam's plot is starting to get interesting and I'm really looking forward to seeing what he does with it. He's certainly at least 3 chapters ahead of me in writing!

The cost of gasoline is going up again. It's averaging around $3.13 per gal. of regular, with the higher grades being higher, of course. If this keeps up, I may have to make some "life style" changes, whether I want to or not. This weekend,I saw quite a few more motorcycles on the road around Tooele. I guess they are cheaper on gas, but saying I'm not comfortable on one is a massive understatement. Maybe I'll have to get a job locally.

No comments: