Saturday, August 29, 2009

New Picture

I decided to bite the bullet and appear as I am. This picture was taken by my Aunt at Multonomah Falls in the Columbia River Gorge. We were on our way to Vancouver, Wa for my oldest Grandson's wedding. I'm eating an ice cream cone. That's okay, everybody eats, right. I guess I hate to show the roly poly me, thinking that people who see the picture will judge me by my weight. Like,"Wow, What a pig she is!" I see other people, people that I know and like and They may be a little rotund, but I never seem to notice it much. It always looks better on others than ourselves, it seems. I guess that we are usually our own harshest critics. It shouldn't be that way though. We're not supposed to judge people, and that's hard enough to stop doing. Somehow, we seem to think that it's okay to judge ourselves. It's not okay though. Still, I keep doing it. So here I am, in all my flawed beauty. It's okay though, we're all a little flawed. Otherwise, we wouldn't be here, trying to live our lives, make a little contribution when we can and try to learn a thing or two to get us to the next stage, right?

1 comment:

Lisa Sofia said...

You look beautiful! You have always been beautiful. I love you, Mom.