Thursday, August 13, 2009

More Geneology

I've been doing a little catch up on my family tree, trying to pare down some of the duplicate people and eliminate some children from some of the huge families, especially when they are far back in time.I'm still at over 9800 people in the tree!

I ran into a fun name recently. His name was Flaad Banquo De Dinan, born in 994 and died in 1064. He was born in the Pyrenese Mountains. His wife was named Muldevana De Atholl, born in 998. I'm glad his name was Flaad and not Vlaad. The area is too close for comfort. Maybe I'll do a little more research.

The Scottish clan keeps growing, I enjoy looking at Scottish travel sites and seeing what the areas of our ancestors looks like now. Much of our people came from Midlothian. It really looks beautiful. Maybe someday, I'll get to the UK and check out all the places our people came from. Of course, most of them came from the UK, but there were quite a few from France, Germany, Switzerland, Norway and Belgium. I'm not sure I'd be able to check out everything.I should have started sooner.

Yesterday, I found an ancestor who was born in 445; Chilperic K Deburgundy. His father was born in 420, can you believe it?His name was Gendioc of the Burgundians and his wife, born 438 was named Basina of Thuringia. That's in what is now Germany. It's really interesting to be seeing ancestors who were alive before there was a Germany or France or England. Their world was so different from ours,it's hard to imagine their lives.

I'm still pretty much at a dead end with the Haggerty line. I can't seem to connect Ireland with the U.S yet. I keep plugging away though. Someday, it may all open up for me.

1 comment:

Oldilox said...

Midlothian is the highland area and seat of most Scottish rebels (that and the northern Isles and Ulster, kingdom of the Irish Scots). I would go there in a heartbeat. Janes's son , Tristan, is thinking of going to University at St Andrews. I am very jealous.