Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Dog Days of August

We had some hot days lately. I worked, so at least I was in air conditioning. Even so, it was rough as I was not feeling well. Friday I awoke to a very sore throat. I figured it was from post nasal drip. I couldn't afford to lose hours, so I went to work. After an hour or so, I felt really lousy. I haven't been getting enough sleep lately, so was probably a prime target to a virus or something. I ended up going home early. I took vitamin C, forced fluids and went to bed early. Saturday was better.My throat was still a little sore, but I managed to get through the day. I wanted to sleep in,but woke up as usual. Oh well, it's Sunday, I'll take it easy.

We had a really nice rain storm this morning. I hope we get more. It will save me watering tomorrow. It's supposed to be in the low 80s for awhile, a nice change from 100s! Our tomatoes are rippening well now. It's so great. The cucumber isn't putting out much, and the ones that do grow are a bit bitter tasting. I'll have to figure out why before next year.

It is hard to believe that summer is almost over. It seems like June was yesterday!

No comments: