Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sundays

Here I am, playing hooky, not going to church. I have just started to get every other Sunday off. For my whole time working for Sam's Club I have worked every Sunday unless it was a holiday, like Easter. I took one off because of a flat tire. I took one off for illness and 2 off when we lost Michele. I'm wanting to enjoy a day of not needing to do anything. I've never been particularly active in church, not since my teens in an almost totally Mormon town. Now, the thought of spending 3 hours in church on Sunday, does not really delight me. I really don't have much to wear except my funeral outfit. I worry that I'm letting my Aunt down, as she is secretary of the ward relief society.

While I suppose that I'm not particularly religious, I do consider myself to be very spiritual. I speak to God every day, and try to remember to be grateful for His gifts every night. I've studied many religions as I was growing up, and I found truth in all that I've studied. There may not be total truth, but most have quite a bit of truth.

I think that you can always find answers by praying for them and listening for answers with your heart, not your head. For a person, like me, who seems to need to analyse everything to death, that can be hard. I'm working on silencing the mind a bit, so I can hear my heart. I guess the answers from the heart have more emotional feeling, and compassion. I guess I'll keep plodding along, trying to do my best and trust in the Lord.

No comments: