Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Michelle Obama

I recieve regular emails from the Democratic party and Barrack Obama. Today, I received a video of Michelle's speech at the opening night of the convention. I read in the newspaper that she had given a good speech. After hearing and seeing it on video, I can say that is my opinion, it was a great speech! Now I feel that I know more about where Michelle and Barrack came from. She went into the kind of upbringing they had, parents and grandparents working to provide a better life for their kids, just like the lives most of us have had. She talked about the kind of work they had both done after college. She talked about her two daughters and her hopes for them

She reminded everyone that it's the 88th aniversary of women's right to vote and it's been 45 year since Dr Martin Luther King gave his "I have a dream" speech. The point she made about us having a choice to work for the America that can be, rather than settling for the America that is, really struck a chord with me.

She talked about workers and their needs, veterans and their families, the everyday average American that just wants to make a good life for his or her family. That sounds like the political party that I chose years ago. Hopefully, it's back and Washington is not too corrupt and set in it's ways to change.

No comments: