Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mom, Still Missed


I was looking through some of my pictures and this one btought back memories of Mom. This was taken at Murray Park. It was the summer picnic for the clients of Oquirah Dialysis Center. This was Mom's last summer with us. I'm really glad that the picnic was here where there was a stream and woods for her to enjoy. She was getting to the point where she didn't get out and around so much. This was a nice break for her and she could be around the people she saw 3 days a week in a more relaxing and social way. I've looked through so many of the pictures that I took that last year and realised how sick she had gotten. When you're around them daily, sometimes you don't really notice how thin she had gotten. She had gotten forgetful sometimes, but she always had a really beautiful smile that she flashed often. She's been gone for a bit over 2 and 1/2 years, and I still think about her sometimes and miss her. Still, when I look at some of the pictures that show how sick and weak she had become, I know that I would not wish her back to that kind of life. I know she's happy and well and enjoying being with all that have gone before. I expect that she can enjoy having Michele sit on her lap again. I miss you both, and Dad as well, but I'm sure I'll see you all again.

No comments: