Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My Favorite Month

October has always been my favorite month. I really like fall, but September is frequently just a continuation of summer. October brings the cooler days and nippy nights, sometimes even some snowthat doesn'treally stay.It's just a teaser for winter. This year we got several snow storms in the early part of the month, then we got down to the sunny days and cool nights. On the 24th we had a gorgeous Harvest Moon. It was probably so colorful due to the the coming temperature inversion last week end. The air was horribly smoggy. When I was coming home from work and passing the Great Salt Lake, it almost looked as if the world dissappeared into mist as I looked out.

Even though there's 31 days in October, it felt like less. The month just whirled by. It's hard to believe that it's November tomorrow! Hopefully, the nice weather willcontinue for awhile. I'm working an extra day a week for the holidays and I'm dreading driving in snow. The extra time is playing havoc with my blog writing as well.

No comments: