Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Moody

Today I'm feeling a bit down and I can't quite figure out why. The sun is shining,though we're starting on a new weather pattern of more frequent storms. I guess I should get out and enjoy the sun while I can. Maybe that's what I need is a little more mother nature. My work days were busy with lots of cooking. Yesterday was laundry day, plus I cleaned out a closet. I actually got my sewing machine up and running last week and started on an outfit that I've had cut out and waiting for over a year. Unfortunately, the pants are summer wieght fabric. Oh well, I'll wear them anyway.

I used to meditate every morning, but since I moved in with my Aunt, I don't manage to do it very often. Maybe that is what is making me feel out of balance. I keep planning on renewing my yoga practice, but don't. I could be lazy, or just have not quite enough motivation or maybe energy. Of course the activity would boost my energy,but where to find the initial energy to start with?

I just rejoined AARP. I went to thier web site to see what they have.On thier games and humor page they print a cartoon called "Bound and Gagged"that is really cute. Also on the site is the results of a poll about how people over 50 feel about death and dying. 94% believe in God. Something like 74% believe in heaven and 66% believe in Hell. I may have the numbers a little off,because I didn't write them down, but I'm close. I was a little surprised that there weren't so many who believed in Hell. Maybe by the time you get into your 50s, you start taking responsibilty for yourself and stop blaming "the Devil" for your problems. Just a thought.

No comments: