Sunday, August 05, 2007

A Sunday Off

I finally have a Sunday off! My supervisor made me a deal. She needed me to work an extra day at the end of July to finish up the extra demos we'd been sent for the end of the quarter. I know most businesses have a different schedule for quarters, but our company's finacial year goes from Feb 1 to Jan 31. Go figure. Anyway, for doing the extra day, I was offered the whole weekend off for the first of August. I couldn't afford to take off 2 days, but I was more than happy to take off Sunday. I was invited to go to church, but I declined. I want to do mostly just what I want that is rejuvenating or uplifting or even lazy today.

So far, I've read my spiritual reading and added more, after all, it is Sunday. I've devoured the Sunday paper, I usually only hit the high points. I've checked my email, and I'm now updating my blog. I've also done dishes and thawed some chicken for dinner. Next on my list is making fruit smoothies for lunch.

I try to include God in my life everyday, so I'm not really prone to spending one day in church to spend my time with and for God. I think Spirit is with me always, I just need to quiet myself and listen, there He is! I admit, there is a nice social element to church, being with people of like minds, and it is a good place to organise people to help others that need help. To me, that element of serving those that need help is church's greatest function.

I erased my last paragraph as being too judgemental, something I keep trying to work on. Well, off to the rest of my Sunday.

No comments: