Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Back to Heat

The weather has gotten hot again. We were at 100 degrees on Sunday, 102 yesterday, and it's supposed to be over 100 again today. It's been staying fairly warm at night too. We may get some rain storms tomorrow, hopefully. The normal temp right now is 90 and it should drop into the 80s by the end of August, but who knows anymore.

Our miners are still in the collapsed mine. There seems to be very little progress being made. They've shown pictures from the camera lowered into one of the bore holes. There's empty space, no miners. They've started another hole farther down. They've been pumping air into the other holes, just in case. Nobody wants to give up hope just yet. I guess that's all the families have, that and the support of thier nieghbors.

There are some of our school districts that are starting school next week. It's going to be warm the first few weeks, most schools aren't air-conditioned. Many teachers around here buy fans out of thier own pockets to help make thier classrooms bearable. I know that's what my Aunt, a retired teacher used to do.

I just had my yearly review at work. I earned my raise for this year. Nice. They've made some changes this year in how your sales are counted and I wasn't sure I'd made it. You're given sales goals on whatever product you're demoing. It used to be 3 times the average daily sales, now it's 4 times. The fun thing is, the more successful you are by raising daily average sales, the higher your goal is the next time the product is demoed. Soon, they've raised the bar nearly beyond reach, unless you make a big business sale. Even if that happens, the bar is raised again. Still there are some good things about the job, like the people you meet and there are some sweet kids along with Mom and Dad too. Nice perks. That's it for today.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Hi, Sharon,

I just found your comment on my blog and am grateful for it. I hadn't supposed anyone would notice I had popped up in here. Yes, it does sound like we have some things in common and I will be happy to keep up with your blog also.

Good luck to you!