Thursday, August 16, 2007

Internet Decisions

I realise that in my previous life,(living in the city, working full time with more money) that I got pretty spoiled with having broadband service. I also had a pretty good rate, bundles with my cable service. Now I am living with a relative,working part time so having considerably less money, and dealing with dial-up again. The bigger problem is that I have to move my laptop into the kitchen to be able to plug into a phone jack, as the other one is being used by my Aunt who logs on maybe once a week. In addition, it's an old house and until I get an 3 prong adaptor, I can only plug into the kitchen outlet. I've been looking at signing up for broadband again, but can't decide if I can afford it.The other option is to have a new phone line in my name put in and stay with dial-up. That may be the way I go for now, but eventually I'd like to send pictures to my kids and download music and that's really slow and sometimes impossible with dial-up. Darn,decisions, decisions. Changing your life always results in both positives and negatives. Heck, not changing your life is the same both positive and negative. I guess we just have to try to make choices that result in positive changes more than we choose changes that end up with negative results. The problem is choice. We don't always know whether the outcome will be the positive result we're hoping for. I'd had a little more frustrations lately, and that usually means that I need to spend a little more time in reflection and meditation. Now to find the time.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Hi, Sharon. I too have made changes from the city to the small town. Scary stuff. It got to the point where it was harder to stay where I was than it was to face moving and all the changes it would make.

By the way, I appreciate your comments about my blog. I am new at blogging (however, I have always felt free to voice my opinions) and your encouragement is helpful.