Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Holidays are Over

The Holidays are over,at least that's what the calendar says. However, my decorations are still up. An extra job for the week, I guess.

It was a little different Christmas this year. It was quiet, not like last year when we were in mourning for Mom, but more because of reduced expectations. Several of the family members have experienced some financial problems and reversals, so we didn't do much in the way of gift giving. I did try to keep things more like normal for my handicapped daughter. I wasn't sure she'd understand no gifts. Still, she's not demanding; an umbrella, chocolate, bubblebath and a bag of coffee beans and she's pretty much happy.

I had my Aunts to a potluck dinner with my daughter and me. The day was pretty sunny and very enjoyable. We all missed my son, his wife and 3 children. We've not spent Christmas with them for awhile. Hopefully, next year we can see them.

Anyway, it's plain to me that a good Holiday doesn't require lots of gifts and fancy decorations, just being with the people you love.

No comments: