Saturday, January 06, 2007

Winter Time

Here it is, just ending the first week of January and I'm ready for spring. I know, it's not gonna happen. I'm just so cold! I realise that I spent much of the summer bitching about the heat and now I'm bitching about the cold. I guess I don't do well in extremes. I'm actually okay when it's cold, even quite cold, as long as it isn't windy. The wind just cuts through any coat I've got. It blows around my neck and up from the bottom of the coat and makes me shiver. If there's snow blowing too, I really want to burrow at home under blankets with a hot cup of tea and a good book. Maybe if I practised some kind of winter sport it would help my attitude. I've thought of snowshoeing since I don't like heights and riding on a ski lift. I used to ice skate, but I'd probably wear out my butt. Oh well, spring's only a few months away right?

1 comment:

Admin said...

Boy, am I with you on this. Here in Maine, it's blowing a gale and the wind chill is so low it'll give you frostbite within ten minutes of going out without your mittens on. But hey, it's only a little over a month until Spring. Hang in there.