Sunday, October 29, 2006

Serving Pizza

Yesterday, in my demo job, it was time to sell pizzas. we sell a very nice, freshly made "take and bake" pizza, at a very good price. My job was to bake pizzas, cut them into sample pieces and distribute them to customers with the goal of selling a lot.
These are 16 inch pizzas and we cut them into good sized squares( 2 to 3 inches). We usually do this on Saturdays when people are interested in a good, quick meal for the weekend. Usually the whole family comes into the store as well. This was my first time doing the pizza demo. I knew it was popular, but WOW! It is amazing how fast you can go through a 16 inch pizza! I'd take one pizza out of the oven, put another in for 15 minutes and think I would be back to the oven in that much time. I found that I frequently went through a pizza in 5 to 7 minutes, including the cutting. I could come out of the kitchen, go to my table and start cutting and there'd be no one there. It only took a couple of minutes before the scent of hot pizza would have people waiting in line. Amazing! It was kind of fun being the most popular lady around for a few minutes at a time. It's also fun having a product be so appreciated. Needless to say, we sold lots.

No comments: