Monday, October 16, 2006

Is It a Scam?

A few days ago I recieved a check in the mail for close to 2 thousand dollars. It looked real and was issued by a bank that is real on the account of a company that is a real company. It has my name and address on it. Do I cash it? The problem is with the letter that came with it. It seems that I am the partial winner of a lottery prize drawn in the Netherlands. Unfortunately, I never purchased said lottery ticket. I used to buy Canadian Lottery tickets quite a few years ago,even won a couple a very small amounts, but I never, to my knowledge played the lottery in the Netherlands. The amount of the win quoted is pretty substantial and I could really use the money, but still, I'm very skeptical. I've done some research on line, some looked okay, other things looked scary. My choices are to just ignore the whole thing,but what if I lose the chance at some real finacial help? The other choice is to call the phone number included and hope it's not a scam to get my bank account number or participate unknowingly in some money laudering scheme. I've got about 3 days to decide. Scary!

No comments: