Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Perils of Sore Feet!

You know the old saying,"When your feet hurt, you hurt all over"? Well it is absolutely true! On my new job, I'm on my feet the whole shift except for breaks and lunch. Most of that time is just standing in one place on cement floors. It's actually a relief when I have to run back to the kitchen for something, or walk a little ways to show a customer where a product is. I'm amazed at people older than me and doing better than I am. Granted, they've been doing it longer. I've had blisters on both feet, I've tried gel inserts in my shoes, still I'm in pain most of the day and go home to soak my feet in hot water. This is what I get for all the years sitting at a desk. I even remember wishing I could work standing up at my computer. Maybe I'm getting my wish now. Hopefully, my feet will get stronger, or more calused. Maybe I'll get used to it or learn how to ignore my feet. Maybe I should just pretend I don't have any feet while I'm at work. Who knows, mind or matter might work.

No comments: