Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Members of the Family

I just heard news from my Daughter-in-Law that thier little Shelty, Angel is ill, possibly seriously. My grandchildren are understandably upset. For that matter, so am I. Angel is a very sweet dog and has been in my extended family for several years. My Aunt's dog, Lady, got a severe spider bite last month and has been recovering. I had to put my Siamese cat to sleep a couple of years ago and I still miss her. I have had many pets in my lifetime, both dogs and cats and even a bird or two. Every one of them has been missed. Every one of them had a place in my life and family. Sometimes, losing a pet hurts so much, you vow, "Never again", but eventually, the loss eases, and you try again. Pets add so much to our lives and they really ask so little for all the love they give us. Meanwhile, my heart goes out to my Grandchildren and thier parents and I'll say a little prayer for Angel.

No comments: