Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Thanksgiving has come and gone for another year. My Aunts and I went to Cracker Barrel again this year. It didn't seem quite as crowded this year as last. That may have just been because we went at a different time this year. They have good food and we probably eat less than if we were cooking at home. I seem to have lost the incentive to spend the day cooking, though it is nice to have left-overs. I worked on Wednesday, so was a bit tired. We were pretty busy with last minute shoppers. Today, I'm actually off. I'm just as glad. It gets slow on food sales, people are shopping the "black Friday" sales, not groceries. I like to be pretty busy, not slammed, but busy enough that the time goes quickly.

I'm grateful, as always, for friends and family. They are what makes life worth living and interesting. Our pets can be a joy as well. Mother Natures bounty is appreciated, even her quirkey sense of humor. I'm grateful for a few days without storms, though we have to trade that for hazy skies and temperature inversions. I guess if I want to see brighter sunshine, I can always go into the mountains.

I'm grateful that my Daughter-in-Law has a new job.I'm hopeful that things will work out as she wishes, it will certainly be a new adventure for her. As far as I know,my Grandchildren are doing well and my Son is working as well. One thing I'm not grateful for is the distance separating us, but I am grateful that they are happy with their location.

Life continues to be an adventure, which is perhaps the thing to be most grateful for. After all, who wants to be bored?

No comments: