Monday, November 16, 2009

Busy Weekend

I had a pretty busy weekend. I worked 4 days, Thursday to Sunday. On Saturday, I and another Demo Associate, Michelle, worked on a meatball event. We used the same brand meatball and served it 2 different ways. Michelle served hers in a marinara sauce, cut in half on a toasted Italian seasoned toasted bagette. I served mine whole, on a tooth pick in a sauce made from barbeque sauce and grape jelly. It sounds strange, but is really quite delicious. It was quite a hit. Of course, you can't please everyone. Michelle got quite frustrated trying to explain to someone that she couldn't remove the grape jelly from a meatball for her. It was a tiring demo because our meatballs were being cooked back in the kitchen, and we would serve them so quickly that we were running back and forth, trying to keep up with demands.

It always surprises me how many people decide to go shopping when it snows! We had a snow storm on Saturday and it didn't lessen our crowds at all. If anything, it increased them. Of course, since we have a tire shop, that was most of the increase. People suddenly decided that winter was coming and they needed new tires. While they wait for the installation, they shop and/or partake of the free samples.

We had a lot of wind with the snow and it was very cold. It made the storm seem worse than it was downtown where the store is. When I left at 6 pm, I thought I'd missed having to drive in the storm because the clouds were breaking up and the roads were mainly wet. Unfortunately, by the time I hit Magna, it was snowing again. Going up the hill around Kennecot, visability was bad. The weather report had predicted "lake effect" snow, so I expected to have it all the way to Tooele, but it ended at Lake Point. We did get more snow in Tooele over night though. We ended up with 8 inches in Tooele. Great fun to shovel before work on Sunday morning. I'm pretty stiff and sore today,but it will pass.

No comments: