Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tiredness

I had a really busy 4 days at work this last weekend. We seem to be having more and more demos that are professionally planned, with signs and props and special recipes. I guess the vendors want to get the most out of the money spent. That's understandable. I'm not too excited about the ones that require a specific script. Usually, it's something fairly short and you have 2 or 3 to mix throughout the demo. Unfortunately, the customer doesn't always appreciate us sounding like the latest sales pitch on late night cable. Since I work at a "membership" facility, I see a lot of the same people week after week. As a Demo Lady, I often establish a certain rapport with our regulars and they expect to be treated like individuals. Some of them don't expect their regular demo person to start sounding like a parrot. I guess it will all figure itself out eventually.

On Saturday and Sunday, my demo was about stocking up your freezer with fun foods for football viewing. With 4 products, 3 needing to be cooked, we had to use the bakery ovens. Someone in the back would keep things cooking and put them in steam tables, but my partner and I had to run back and forth keeping our own steam tables out on the floor supplied. Plus, we did our own relieving for breaks and lunchs. I felt like I was running my legs off. Talk about race walking! By Sunday night, I was almost too tired to sleep! I work with such a great team of people though, that I had plenty of help, for which I am very grateful! Next weekend, I'm looking forward to only 2 days working.

My Aunts and I are planning to drive to the mountains on Sunday to see fall leaves. Of course, we're expecting snow in the high altitudes the next 2 days. Hopefully, that won't ruin the leaves. I'm trying to decide whether to pick my green tomatoes tonight or take a chance on it getting too cold tonight.

No comments: