Tuesday, September 08, 2009

The Blahs

You know how some days just don't seem worth getting up for? That's where I am right now. Every day seems to stretch out before me the same as the one before with only slight variation. It may be because I seemed to be up and down all night, not really getting a good night's sleep. I've noticed that I get quite unenthusiastic when I'm sleep deprived, especially when that deprivation is from nothing much, certainly not from excitement.

I'm back to my old schedual at work, at least, for now. I guess we'll see whether the economy is looking up enough to keep our hours up. I get a raise this month. It's not what I've got in the past, but the fact that I still have a job, much less a raise, is certainly something to be thankful for. I am thankful, but I think I'm also bored. I have certain tasks each day, which I do. I watch the same things on TV, endlessly. I'm even re-reading one of my favorite series of books. Still, everything is the same with only small variations.

I've always believed that boredom is the fault of the boree. Is that a word? Anyway, I should be able to get out of this funk. Maybe I'm enjoying it? New project for tomorrow, right after I mow the lawn......Find something exciting to do, or at least interesting.

No comments: