Monday, September 21, 2009

Time Flies!

I just realised that I haven't posted here since September 8. Oops! For the last couple of weeks I have been back to my old schedule, working Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun one week, then just Fri and Sat the next week. I still get 4 days off a week, but somehow , it doesn't feel like it. I know, it's all in my head. I was just enjoying a normal paycheck, when I was told our team lead had been sticking her neck out and hoping for paid demos for us. Now she's been told by headquarters, that she can only schedual us for demos already set. That means, we have to be called in for last minute demos and are supposed to keep our calendars clear. Like that is going to happen, especially if she calls us with only a days' warning. Oh well, I still have a job, right?

Today was a beautiful day. It was sunny and not quite 70 degrees. I love this kind of weather! I played hooky and didn't mow the lawn this morning. My Aunt Maureen had a doctors appointment in Salt Lake, so we all 3 went in. After her appointment, we went shopping. I needed new work shoes. I think working on my feet all the time is makeing my feet wider and flatter. I also got some fun fall fabric to make me a new blouse to wear for Autumn Saturdays at work. We normally wear black trousers and white tops. We look like penguins. On Saturdays, we're assigned different colors. Last week we wore yellow and looked like honey bees. This past Sat was green. Next week, it's fall leaf colors. During October, we'll probably go Halloween or Fall. Pretty much the same in November until after Thanksgiving, then we'll be into Christmas colors and designs. It breaks up the monotany and allows us a little self expression.

We've had quite a few tomatoes from our little patch. With only one surviving cucumber plant, there's not been too much if them. I just hope we don't get an early freeze. The strange plant that has been growong out near the front sidewalk is either a pumpkin, or another squash. there are 3 little fruits so far.I don't think the season will last long enough to really get something from the plant, but you never know.

No comments: