Monday, May 19, 2008

The Joys and Pain of Living

Just when you think things are getting better, they're not. I went onto my Son and Daughter in Law's family blog today and found they have put music on it. that'sreally great, but the song that's playing when you first bring it up is a beautiful song called" New Dawn" with violin, piano and harp and it just made me cry. The rest of the post shows pictures of my youngest Grandson in his first marching band, playing his trumpet. In 94 degree heat no less! That was part of the joy, seeingthe next generation grow and have wonderful expeiences. Unfortunately, the pain seems to lie in waiting, ready to jump out at any moment. My daughter's staff made me up a picture collage of one of Michele's fun times. Having this is a great joy, but it also brings pain. When I wake in the morning, it's one of the first things I see, reminding me that she is gone from this life. Though I believe the separation is only temporary, it's still a separation and I miss her.

1 comment:

Lisa Sofia said...

The pain is still so fresh. I've been working on the photos of Michele I took 8 years ago, and it is bitter sweet.