Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Some Observations

Did you ever notice that the harder you work and stress to fix a problem,the slower your progress gets? Maybe this does'nt happen to everyone, but it seems like the more I stress about something, the less efficient I get. I'm talking about negative stress here, the kind that gives "fight or fright" ir's name. When I get this way, I find that taking a break and relaxing can sometimes get things back on track. Sometimes it takes more than a break, it takes getting away from the problem completely for a day or two, just to hopefully, get a new perspective.

Of course there's the positive stress of being excited and turned on by a project.That's a whole different thing. Usually, the problem here is stopping long enough to relax and get some rest. If you get over-tired, you may find that stress going to the wrong kind and spoiling the "high" you got over the new project.

Most of the time, I'm just doing my job, trying to do my best work and feel good about it. I can hopefully do that without getting tired and/or discouraged enough to bring on the bad stress.

No comments: