Monday, September 11, 2006

The Path to 9/11

After making such a big deal about the ABC production of "the Path to 9/11", I figured I should at least watch it, or part of it. Sunday night's presentation was 3 hours long. I managed 2 hours, then turned over to Ted Koppel on Dicovery network and watched an hour of that.
At the beginning of the ABC presentation, I noticed a small reference to the fact that the presentation was taken from many sources, one a book called "The Cell" and of course the 9/11 Commission report. They noted several times that this was a dramatization. It wasn't that badly done I guess, but thoughout people make statements and you're left to wonder, did that person really say that or was it part of the dramatization to make good theater? That was the problem for me throughout the 2 hrs that I watched. What was real and what was theater? Was someone trying to make a point or just entertain?
Parts of it got a little tedious, with lots of jumping around. Had it been a purely fictioal story, I doubt I would have lasted 2 hours. Will I watch the rest tonight? Maybe, but probably not.

No comments: