Monday, September 18, 2006

The Feel of Autumn--Wonderful

I suppose not everyone welcomes Autumn, but it's my favorite season. Maybe because school starts then, it feels like a new beginning to me. I get a little of that feeling in spring too, but in Utah, spring starts and stops so often, it's more frustrating. Here, the leaves are turning and it's getting colder. In fact, we have snow on the tops of the mountains already, a dusting that we received a few days ago. That is a little earlier than usual, but it's not that rare. Now I'm thinking of pumpkins and corn stalks. Soon I'll be putting something spooky on the front door. I usually try to decorate my door with colored leaves or autumn flowers that can be left for Thanksgiving and use the spooks on the deck where they can be taken in. Sometimes the pumpkins even survive for Thanksgiving. We haven't had them smashed for a couple of years. Hope that isn't an invitation. We usually drive in the mountains to see the changing leaves, but the early snow may have knocked a lot of them down. Oh well, this year I have a different job and I'm working weekends, so I may not have time anyway. I can still enjoy the rest of the season and it's inevitable slide into winter which I only enjoy for a week or two, then I get tired of cold and snow.

No comments: