Saturday, July 14, 2012

It's been months since I've posted anything! I wasn't sure I wanted to continue with my blog or even cancel it and start a new one. But, what the heck, I'll try it again.

A lot has happened. I've had my surgery and yes, it hurt as much as I feared. I spent most of December on my bed doing crossword puzzles. I couldn't sit without pain pills. The Lortab was all that got me through the drives to Salt Lake for check-ups. Besides having the tumors removed and my bottom restructured, I also had a kidney stone removed. I didn't even know I had one, no pain at all. It was found on my CAT scan. It was pretty strange!

The next month my Aunt had pneumonia that went into respiratory failure. She was in ICU for about a month, getting fed through a gastric tube. She can't even remember the first week. We were into Salt Lake every other day, trading with my other Aunt. Fortunately, my Son did the driving. It's not wise to drive under the influence of pain pills. She eventually went on to physical therapy and finally home.  It was a really scary time for all of us.

By February I was sitting some. I still use a pillow to sit on quite a lot. I've been learning how to live with a colostomy. It's going pretty well now. Of course I' m finally finished with the rest of my chemotherapy and my lab results are good. Yippee!

I lost a bunch of weight. I'm  the smallest size I've been in years! Fortunately I had a fabric stash, so now I'm making new clothes pretty quickly.

There are changes in my life. I spend time changing pouches and keeping my eating regular. Fiber is my new best friend and there are things I have to think about that I'm not used to, but I feel like I'm getting better all the time. Life is pretty darn good!

No comments: