Monday, December 08, 2008

Snowy Day

Today it's snowing. It's supposed to be a light snow. I guess it is, as it's been coming down for about 3 hours and there's only about an inch accumulation on my car, so far. The ground is still a bit warm, so it took awhile before it started laying. I can appreciate the snow today, as I have the day off, just the laundry to do.

I love how quiet it seems when it is snowing. Of course, if there's a wind, and it's a blizzard, it's not too quiet. Rain makes a sound when it lands, but snow just settles lightly down. I'm trying to find reasons to be happy about snow, can you tell? I mean, we live in high desert country and we really need the snow, so I might as well try to like it, at least a little. As a child, I liked snow quite a bit. I built snow men and snow forts and made snow angels. Obviously, I didn't drive at the time. I even liked to help clean the walks, just because I didn't have to.

My Aunt, MaryLou is not feeling so well. She's bundled up in her quilt, forcing fluids, trying to fend off a cold. I'm hoping to avoid catching it, as I really don't have time to be sick. Maybe, if I'm very quiet, the virus won't notice me?

No comments: