Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Rain

Since the subject today is rain, I thought I would add a picture of a rain storm we recieved on Labor day this year. We received over an inch of rain in this storm. Since Tooele is in the foothills of the western side of the Oquirrah Mountains, any appreciative amount of rain will run downhill to the North or West. This day, it even ran over the parking and onto the sidewalk.

We got a lovely rain yesterday morning. It was gentle, one of Mother Nature's gifts. I enjoyed watching it. I was also thankful that we didn't have to do our usual Monday lawn watering. I was able to start the laundry early, and finished just after 1 pm. Usually, I have to wait until 10am, when we're supposed to finish the morning watering. That puts me later finishing the laundry. There's just not enough water pressure to water the lawn and run the washer too.

The rain reminded me of the storm we had Saturday in Salt Lake. We had several minutes of thunder, then it started raining on our store's metal roof. What a racket. I was regreting that I couldn't get out to see the rain. That's the trouble with having no windows. The skylights just aren't the same thing.

A member came by my cart to try a sample of my chicken salad. He had a baby with him that looked to be no more than a year old, or less. We talked about the storm and he went on to tell me that he had rushed up to the front door so he could show the rain to his little son, but by the time he got there, the rain had stopped. I thought about how sweet it was that he wanted to share the storm with his child. A little later, I heard the rain start up again and I hoped that he had been able to share it with the baby.

No comments: