Wednesday, April 09, 2008

My Talented Progeny

Wow! I'm finally back on broadband! It will be great once I clean out one of my dial-up programs. Right now it keeps interfearing. I also need to figure out how to set up a network here at home, so my Aunt can use it too. She's having problems with her ISP as well. On to the subject at hand.

I have such talented people in my family! My Daughter-in-Law, is soooooo talented. She does photography, professionally mind you. She also paints, sews, etc. My Son can give a speech with no more than a few minutes preperation and he can write! Beautifully! My oldest Grandson can play piano,guitar, plus write music, but his main interest right now is writing fantasy. He's got nine chapters of a novel wrote and a really great short story as well. My granddaughter can dance and act and sings, she's even in a semi-professional choir. That doesn't even count all her extra curricular activities. I wish I had some of her energy. My youngest Grandson is learning to play the trumpet, jazz no less. The oldest boy graduated from an Arts and Acedemics school that encourages students to explore thier talents and they can start with 7th grade. My granddaughter is still there, in fact she was the first to go, with the oldest transferring later. Now the youngest boy has qualified to enter next year, joining in the tradition. In an era when some schools are thinking of curtailing the Arts to save money or from a lack of teachers, it is refreshing to know that there are still public schools who want to develope the whole person.

No comments: