Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It's Spring! or Not

Yesterday, I decided to get out into the yard and do some spring style work. As my Aunt was raking the front yard and scalping the roses, I opted to do something in the backyard. We have a bunch of gladiola bulbs that didn't get planted last year. I don't know whether they will grow now or not, but I decided to dig them a bed. I started digging in the east/front corner. Soon I had lots of help. Our dog, Lady, decided digging looked like fun, so she pitched in with gusto. There was dirt flying all over. My Aunt told me that Lady had helped her dig post holes for the fence, and I can see how. My flower bed is deeper than I would have dug it, but the soil is nice and soft now. There's also a very big root running through it. I have not a clue what tree it belongs to either.

I also started tocut up the branches that were broken from trees and bushes thoughout the winter. I only managed a small dent in the pile before the garbage cans were filled. It's a good thing they pick up every week. I also manage to get slivers in both hands. Now I have my badges of yard work valor.

Today, it is windy and cold again.It is supposed to be cooler still tomorrow, but at least we're supposed to get rain, not snow. Luckily for my hands, it's a little reprieve from yard work

No comments: