Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Getting With The Season

Today my Aunt and I got the outside Christmas lights up. There are 3 deer, a polar bear, and 2 pine trees, one large and one small. My Aunt was worried about getting the timer set right. Last year, on the first night, the lights didn't go on until 2 am. I checked at 5;30PM and they are on, at least part of them are on. One deer only has it's head lit up, the large tree is very spotty.I guess we'll have to run down the dead bulbs or missed connections. I picked my daughter up for one of her overnight visits and her tree was up and decorated, done on the 1st of December. I don't think I've ever been that early. I guess we'll do the inside decorations next week.

I've been reading about and seeing on the news, the huge rain and wind storms battering the Pacific Northwest. Fortunately, my Son and family live on somewhat high ground, But I still need to call them to check that they are okay. We're supposed to get another snow storm again this weekend. It's too bad I work weekends. At least it's not supposed to be quite as cold as the last one. It was in the 20s, so everything was frozen or freezing. Hopefully, it will stay above freezing this time.

I finally had enough of our electric can opener not opening. I got an old fashioned, handheld opener! I think it's always better to have a way to cook and clean by hand,just in case.

No comments: