Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Just Musing

Our kick off the holidays event at work is over. It seemed to go quite well. People were pretty receptive, for the most part. It was a lot of work, but also pretty fun. We were set up in pairs in order to keep the demos open and serving all day. It had the advantage of giving us someone to talk to during slower times, getting to know a co-worker better. Our customers were a little surprised at the fancy dishes we provided. They seemed to enjoy themselves. Even with the fun, I'm glad this event only comes once a year. Boy was I tired!

Today is my Son's birthday. He occupies a special place in our family. Not only is he my first-born, he is also the first grandchild born on my maternal side and he was also born on my Aunt's birthday. She feels he's part hers, I think. Bob is a wonderful son, everything a mother could want but for one thing. He and his family live in Vancouver, WA and I live in UT and I miss him. I miss them all, my Daughter-in-Law, and my Granddaughter and 2 Grandsons. I certainly wish for Bob to have a great day today and a wonderful year.


The weather around here is pretty strange this year. The last 2 days were of record breaking warmth and today it's cold again, we may even have snow, though the storm doesn't seem to have a lot of moisture. That seems to be the problem this last year or so, not enough water.
Utah frequently has unpredictable weather, but it seemd to be a bit more so recently. Maybe global warming? Could be.

No comments: