Monday, September 03, 2012

Let go of the past, be grateful for the present and be open to the future. This could be a way to live your life. Of course it's not always easy to let go of the past, we sometimes seem to obsess about the bad things.


To me, it's easier to be thankful for the present, though on some days I might have to resort to being thankful for the sunrise, the moon and stars, oxygen to breathe etc. Those are the obvious things. I saw a poster which said, "Thank you for the hard experience. I learned something." Sometimes it takes awhile after a hard experience to realize that you learned something valuable, but it's often the case.Being thankful for a boring day might seem hard unless you've had too much excitement lately, or you just need a day that doesn't require much effort.

Being open to the future is, for me, a little bit more difficult. Do I imagine a future that I want thereby, perhaps limiting my future in some way, or do I just sit back and say "Okay Universe, surprise Me"?

No comments: